Sponsored Brands (formerly known as Headline Search Ads) need to be onboarded in your Amazon Advertising account. This will be done by metoda.
You need to fill in the onboarding template for SBAs and send it to metoda:
|Headline||Max. 50 characters, headline need to be "appropriate" (avoid stating being "best" or "test champion"). Please refer to AMS guidelines for more detailed information|
|ASINs||ASINs you want to target with the SBA (usually 3 ASINs will be displayed in the ad)|
|Brand name||Will be stated at the top of the SBA, often differs from entity name|
|Image/File name||Please provide an image and insert the according file name into the Onboarding Template in order to make sure that we pick the right one.|
|Targeting||Two possible options, when shopper clicks on SBA they can be directed to:|
- Amazon Brand Store: Please provide the link, the store needs to include all ASINs included SBAs otherwise the campaign cannot be set up
- List of products: default setting, a product list needs to include at least three products. Notice: the campaign will be paused automatically if there is not a minimum of three products of your product list available
|TACoS||The target ACoS you want to achieve with your campaigns, only full percentage values possible|
|Active from||Start date of the campaigns|
|Active to||Can either be left blank for unlimited campaign duration, or be filled in for setting an end date of the campaign|
|Category||You can set one category tag (campaign name will be displayed as a hierarchy level in our reporting and will give you the possibility for filtering)|
|Tag||You can set one or more product tags. Note: Several tags need to be separated by a semicolon (";")|
- Image: we recommend rather using product images instead of a brand logo, as in some ad placements, especially for mobile devices, Amazon only displays the picture on the left and the headline. Without appropriate product image the shopper may not know wich product is advertised. We noticed a significantly better performance on those Sponsored Brands.
- Targeting: Depending on your strategy, we recommend using a productlist as we noticed a better performance with this targeting method. Additionally, it could be useful doing A/B-testing (productlist vs. store) in order to find out which targeting type is the best for your products and strategy.
- Tag: we would recommend putting in the ASINs included into your SBAs as Product tags, so that you always have an overview on which ASINs are advertised with it.
Send the complete template to your metoda contact person. The campaigns will be onboarded by metoda.
As soon as they are approved by Amazon (this can take up to 72 hours), you can view them on ad-optimiser.metoda.com:
- Go to ad-optimiser.metoda.com
- Click on "SBA"
TACoS for SBA can of course be adjusted at any time, similarly to SPAs:
- Click “Edit campaigns”
- Type in TACoS values
- Click "Save"
IMPORTANT NOTE: you need to deactivate all your own campaigns that target the ASINs which should be managed by metoda (otherwise campaigns will bid against each other, newer campaigns have a disadvantage compared to existing campaigns because they have not generated any clicks or revenues yet).
IMPORTANT NOTE: setting a budget period is the necessary requirement for your campaigns to be created. Only if a budget period already exists, will your campaigns be created in Amazon Advertising.